GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me the difference in these two? The little pictures on the order site look nearly the same. I called Direct Line but they told me to call Kuryakyn and ask?

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Yep, big difference

Must agree with DD -- the 4056 brackets are a BIG improvement, and they look a lot better also as a side benefit.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Kury 4056

Hi Wing...

I recently installed the 4056's and they look and work great! I have them horizontal with the top horizontal engine guard. Perfect for my short legs and very comfy!!

Good luck!

Woody.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Good Answer Yall :bow: cause I just ordered 4056's Saturday night (guess I stayed up to late and got bored :a13: , Love that credit card)...now where is Fedex :excited:
Hey Wingnutzz, I will be prayin for you and the doctors.

·
Registered
441 Posts
ddking said:
4050s have a big mount that will scrape when mounted on the horizontal bar while 4056s have a mount that will not easily scrape. I think everyone here would choose the 4056s over the 4050s.
Which model did you install on your ****-O-Pegs?

·
Registered
170 Posts
I'm 6'3" tall and have the Kury 4056 pegs ... They do look good... I have the swing arms almost horizontal to the ground and the pegs will scrape the road if I lay it over going around a curve fast. I like the way they "jam" under to lower side of the valve cover.... this keeps them from being pushed down...... Glen

D

·
0 Posts
KuryAkyn 4056 - new mount

I have the old 4050's. The complaint with them is that they are dangerous, as they ground way too early when mounted on the horizontal bar. Crashes have been reported because of this problem. For that reason, many of us now mount them on the vertical bar, higher-up (exposes ugly hardware). The 4056 has the new mount which might allow mounting on the horizontal bar again, but I'm not sure how much of an improvement this really is over the old mount that came with the 4050's. Does anyone know how much lean angle is lost with the new mount, compared to the old one? Does the new 4056 mount work in the vertical postion too?

·
Registered
569 Posts
I just bought the upgrade kit to convert my 4050 mount to the 4056 mount. They do look a lot better. I have noticed that the mount won't go as far forward on the bar as the old mount did however. Looks like I am going to have to play with the adjustments to get it back where I want it.

I don't think they will mount vertically. Looks like they won't clear the lower cowl due to the longer lower part that is supposed to go under the valve cover.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
I like the horizontal bar

I could not and would not want any pegs on the vertical bar as my feet would never reach them -- unless I decided to make love to the fuel tank. With the new peg mounts on the horizontal, I don't have to worry about dragging the mounts -- as with all these pegs, if you have the pegs themselves down they might drag, but they will flip up. It is when you start dragging the mounts that you get into serious trouble. Works fine for me with the ERGOII mounts on the horizontal bars. Everyone will have to decide for themself if they need/want pegs on the horizontal or vertical bars.
:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts