GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted this on the other forum and got no responses...

Just picked up a used backrest and installed it. I have it at the furthest back hole, but I feel it needs to lean back slightly more, like it keeps me too upright. Thinking about adjusting it, considered either trying to turn the oblong pieces that fit in the brackets or perhaps bending the bars. Does not need much, just a tweak.Any thoughts?

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
I have mine on an 08 with a stock seat. The most rear position on mine was to far back. The most forward was pushing me toward the gas tank. I found the sweet spot in the middle. The problem you are having is I would not try and bend anything but try and take the back pad off and tear it down and try and take it to an upholstery shop and put as slim of padding in it as possible and maybe that would work. If that doesn't maybe you could try to bend it but that would be my last resort. Good luck. If you have a custom seat that pushes you back, that might be the problem also.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Don't know what other forum you posted on but maybe one reason for not many answers is there aren't many Kury backrests out there...
Many/most are Utopia...
Kury posts many of their install/user instructions on their web site. Might check there for all the good-to-know stuff to make sure you've got all the parts and it's installed correctly.
Good luck.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't know what other forum you posted on but maybe one reason for not many answers is there aren't many Kury backrests out there...
Many/most are Utopia...
Kury posts many of their install/user instructions on their web site. Might check there for all the good-to-know stuff to make sure you've got all the parts and it's installed correctly.
Good luck.
Posted on the General MC forum here. Got the Kury so I did not have to mod the seat and it was only $75. Installed per online directions. No adjustment info there except move holes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts