GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased these pegs. Install was simple and easy. First of all I am not a mechanic so this maybe simple to some but not so much for me.....lol. I am 6 feet tall with a 32 inch inseam and I am struggling to get them adjusted so my legs don’t pinch on the fairing. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

·
IronMan
17,625 Posts
Check in there catalog think you can get the longer arms for them

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the long arms and still have a similar problem. I lowered mine slightly which helps with the pinching but they ground pretty easily.
I don't use mine a lot, just occasionally on longer trips to give the legs a stretch for a few minutes.

·
Vendor
17,785 Posts
For me and because 5th gens are wide and the cowl gets in the way, I don't find highway pegs all that comfortable. Plus, I always like my hands and feet close to my controls. Therefore, I removed my Kury highways pegs over a decade ago.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am the opposite, only 5'7". Mine are adjusted to the rear. I found that getting the peg lower helped. Then my shin didn't hit the wide part of the fairing but went under it instead. I don't know if that's possible having them forward.
The directions say not to have the arms in a downward angle. Mine are just slightly downward facing the rear.
The fairing's are the problem, they stick out pretty far.

Reactions: Redgecko

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am the opposite, only 5'7". Mine are adjusted to the rear. I found that getting the peg lower helped. Then my shin didn't hit the wide part of the fairing but went under it instead. I don't know if that's possible having them forward.
The directions say not to have the arms in a downward angle. Mine are just slightly downward facing the rear.
The fairing's are the problem, they stick out pretty far.

I did the same, I have the long arms and they are rear facing and down slightly, only way my legs didn't hit the fairings

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone for your thoughts and ideas. Just got back from a week of work so will do some fiddling.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts