GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see Kuryakyn has Exhaust Turndowns now, were these the ones that the chrome started peeling off when they first came out? I can't remember which ones they were, I seem to remember someone saying they had to put a "deflector" or something like that in them to stop them from peeling or turning colors. Anyone remember anything like this?

·
Chard Member
13,072 Posts
The Kury turndown tips that were blistering were the ones with the triple fake holes!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Kury's Exhausts come straight out instead of turning down. Their first release of them would blister due the exhaust trying to escape straight out instead of down. I have had 3 sets. This is a picture of the 2nd time they blistered. The next picture is their fix to ensure the exhaust goes straight down and out.

Crewsn

[/img]

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
I looked at the Kury's and gave them a skip, because of the deficiency in the chrome and design, at the time.

I waited long enough, and One of my Dearest Friends bought me a set of Hondalines for my Birthday. I really like them, and I think that they keep the back of the bike a lot cleaner.

Bulldog

·
Registered
837 Posts
I have to agree Bulldog. The Hondaline turndown's do seem to keep the back of the bike cleaner. I noticed almost right away after installing them that I didn't get as much dust and dirt on the back end.

I'd never seen the Kury's installed before, until the picture above. They do look nice.

·
Registered
287 Posts
THE QUESTION ASKED WAS ABOUT KURY TURNDOWN EXHAUST TIPS, NOT THE ONES SHOWN IN THE PHOTO,THEY ARE NOT TURNDOWN. The turndown tips retail at 110bucks approx. Has anyone got them fitted and if so what is the VERDICT.?

·
Chard Member
13,072 Posts
If you're talking about the turndowns like everyone else has had on the market for awhile!

Not Available When I Last Checked!

FYI....The triple tips could also be considered a turndown since they turn down the exhaust to the ground. I guess if you mounted them upside down, they could be considered turnups!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Now that we have established at long last that Kury make turndown tips,what is the VERDICT. And for those people who seem to think that they are not available,the country is flooded with them.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have a set on order from Hal, I will post information as soon as I install them. :)

·
Registered
287 Posts
Thank you very much Unclemaslo. I see its your second post on this board and is very constructive. When one reads some of the entries by some of the members it would make you think twice. Happy New Year to you. :oops: :wink: :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thanks for your kind words Red. You probably don't remeber me but I was on about the time that your bike burned up and Bagger used to be on alot. The board seems to be a little less radical than it was then. Happy New Year to you also! :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Kury Turn Downs

Kury does indeed have true turn downs out now, I don't see them listed on their site yet but I saw a set installed on a bike by a dealer the other day. They're priced at around 110.00 Vs the high price of the Honda brand. I personally have the Honda Turn downs that I purchased from HDL over Thanksgiving, I love them by the way.

-David

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Hal has had the Kury turndowns listed on his site for a long time, I even tried to order a set but they were on back order all summer so I bought the Big Bike turndowns, same as everyone else that has turndowns. So I will say this, call Hal and ask him if they are indeed availble. With the chrome problems on other kury items I would not pick them first, look at these

http://www.hondadirectlineusa.com/store ... D=29916174

works for me and looks great.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts