GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for the metal replacement board guards not the plastic ones that Kuryakyn sells. The plastic ones can be gone in just one hard turn. A friend has the steel guards on his floorboards but can not remember were he got them, they come in 1/4, 1/2 & 3/4 inch thickness. I call them rub strips they bolt on bottom of the floorboard and protect the boards when you slide them on the road surface.:coffee1:

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Well... those are cool! I scraped up my plastic ones around town so I was going to change out the boards for the twisty trip in the fall... but I may just have to order these.

I see they are made by our very own DJ fire. Anyone know if he sells them direct?

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Yes I do you have some of the skid plates with me I'm leaving houston in a couple hours call me 90470 58975 is my cell

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
incoming phone call... ;)

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
DJ Fire,

Thanks for the information and lesson on which size would be best!

Have a safe ride home! :)

Bob

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks

I've been looking for these for some time and my plastic one is gone. I took a turn two up and could smell the plastic burning. :lol:
Thanks for link I am ordering a set right away. :coffee1:

·
Registered
442 Posts
I use the Rivco floor boards without any screw holes. I took the acorn wear nuts off my pegs and screwed them on the boards to keep them from rubbing the road. I placed them on the outside edge of the floor boards but had to drill and tap a small hole at the very edge of the out most recess for the rubber step. That way it was easy to drill through and a little glue holds the rubber pad back in place and hides the hole. They work well and the boards don't hit.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The skid plates or on there way. Should be here by weekend. I know it's going to rain as I washed the car and bike today. :lol:
Again Thanks for the info. :coffee1:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts