GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 GL 1800 with the Kuryakyn 3995 Motorcycle Foot Controls: Ergo II Cruise Mounts. I moved them from the Valkyrie and since the GL has an increased fairing they don't feel long enough. I was looking at the 3990 ERGO III CRUISE MOUNTS W/ TRIDENT DUALLY ISO-PEG GLOSS BLACK but Kuryakyn said they stick out the same and nothing is offered with more of an extension. So my question to you guys is what do you suggest for more comfort?

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
I'd recommend Rivco. I tried a number of others; with the exception of ****-O-Pegs. Rivco works for me and they don't have what I feel is a "tacked on" look.

·
Registered
354 Posts
****-O-Pegs
I just put a set on my bike and they let me stretch out my legs strait down. Excellent if you have bad hips, or a hip replacement like me.

·
Registered
792 Posts
I think the difference between the II and III is the III are spring loaded to push them down and away from you. They offer different length legs and offsets but may take some mixing to get what you want.

I like the RIVCO Aeropegs as well. Look like OEM, very clean and are very comfortable. They do keep your feet high(er).

I also like the ****-O-Pegs. I think they look clean and unlike some others, don't look assembled from a parts bin. They are spring loaded and push straight down or down and out. The web site takes a while to sort thru the different options. BTW, there is a used set on the classified right now.

I have installed and use both the Aeropegs and the MoP GD, sometimes both at the same time (heels on MOP and toes on Aero).

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Another vote for ****-O-Pegs.
Use their website’s tool to help you select the correct model for your needs - leg length especially.

I’m long-legged and mine mount on vertical bars so there is no reduction in cornering clearance. I don’t use the pegs in the twisties, but on the highway and gentle sweepers they’re great.

Between the MOPs, the Utopia backrest, and Beadrider seat long days (even 1000+ miles) are enjoyable.

Happy hunting!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I appreciate all the feedback guys! I had not even heard of ****-O-Pegs! Looking into them right now!

Thanks!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts