GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had good or bad experience with the Kuryakyn ISO-Grips for heated grips?

I have not had my trike raked or easy-steer installed and it's pretty tough to push and pull.

I was wondering how these clamp-on type will work with me pushing and pulling on them all the time.

Feedback appreciated...

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
I have no personal experience, but others have said they didn't work all that well....I have 07 Comfort ( heated grips) and I use the grip puppies, foam slip over grips, still get the heat through them and they are comfortable....not as good looking, but they work. Bought them from a board member

·
Registered
188 Posts
I had the Iso-Grips on a previous bike. I didnt like them.

I highly recommend the steering kit change. Its a must have. IMHO

·
Registered
115 Posts
Looks like we are twins. I have them and love them. They even work when it is cold .

·
Registered
534 Posts
They work but don't feel as warm as just the grips alone did and take a LOT longer to get warm.

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
Don't know about the clam grips, but do have the standard ISO, and have from day one, don't like tiny grips. We have heated gloves ,,Sounds like a rake kit is in order too, you just can't imagine how much difference it is.

·
Banned
1,034 Posts
I have a set of the ISO grips and I hate them. I have heated grips too and it takes forever to heat. In the summer, they get so hot in the sun that I have to wear gloves so I don't get burnt. Also, they are too large in diameter for my liking. I would gladly trade them for standard Honda grips if I could get them off without damage to the heater coils.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
They work but don't feel as warm as just the grips alone did and take a LOT longer to get warm.

I got them and love them for what they are. I like a thick grip, it makes me feel like I got a hold of something. :rolleyes:

Living in South Florida year round I get very little use of the heated grips. They do take a little longer to heat up than stock, and they may not heat up as much as stock grips, which btw I haven't notice, what I have noticed is that I do have to turn down the heat in rare 40 degree riding temps. They do feel cooler to me in the summer than stock grips do, even while sitting in the sun.

My glove size is "8" (large) but not extra large.

My only beef is the chrome wearing off on some spots due to sweat from my bare hands, I guess if I wore summer gloves this wouldn't be an issue but then I'd have the "Mickey Mouse hands" look to contend with.

If I need to replace these anytime in the future it will be with another set of these. These have been in use for over 2 yrs now. I have pushed and pulled my trike and as a 2 wheeler with these installed without a problem.

I can't stand the thin stock GL1800 grips. So these clam-shell ISO grips are a blessing for me.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Clam Grips

Thanks for all the input... I went ahaead yesterday and put a set on. Boy you can really tell a difference. Besides the fat feeling there seems to be a big difference in cushining... I took it out on a 100 mile twisty and loved the push-pull ease and comfort. Time will tell on the heat situation here in Texas. I will post later in the summer about the good/bad of that area.

Just noticed I will have to update my picture now...

So again, so far so good and thanks everyone...

Ride safe my friends,

·
Extra Spicy Seasoned Member
1,448 Posts
My old 2002 had Kury ISO grips over EC foil heaters and they worked great. My new 2007 has stock heated grips with Kury clam shell covers. Don't like them at all. Too large in diameter and they can be on high all day and not get hot.
Am researching now for a set of heater foils that are compatable with the stock heated grip power system. Then will put a set of the Kury ISO grips over them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts