GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this question yesterday but I mentioned the wrong lights. My trunk Kuryakyn lights burn a little brighter whenever I apply my brakes. Is this normal or has anyone else had this happen to them? I took my time and followed the instructions exactly as they were printed when I installed them. Thanks in advance for any help or advice.
Joe

·
Registered
172 Posts
The day i bought my 1800 new i had the dealer install the kury lights on trunk and saddle bag. I have the same thing as you described, this is normal with the extra draw in power. I dont mind , maybe a little more noticable for the guy behind you. If you followed the directions your good to go.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
If I remember right from when I installed mine, the trunk harness's had a 3rd wire, which would make sense, one for ground, one for brake and one for running lights. In any case, I think they are supposed to do that.

This is from the Kuryakyn web site:

Two circuit L.E.D.s function as both running and brake lights for a highly visible, long lasting light source that places a minimal draw on the electrical system.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I have them also. The trunk light is also brake light. I wish the saddle bag lights did the same but they are running lights only. Those kury lights are beautiful.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts