GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wingers with the kuryakyn mirror light (the LED turn signals). Can you adjust your mirrors the way you want them ie. as far out as you would want without interference from the LED mirror lights hitting the housing?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hi CJ -

Had the Kury LED's - ok I guess, but recently installed Muth's on my '07 - love them and much more adjustable. JMHO :doorag:

·
Registered
628 Posts
I don't think I've moved my mirrors since the first time I adjusted them back in July of '05. I've had the Kury lights installed since about 6 months after I bought the bike and have never had a problem with them. Makes a nice addition to the looks of the bike and I would think to the visibility factor, too. Don't see any reason why they would interfere with adjusting the mirrors if you should ever need to.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Hmmm....I think Muth's are the way to go. I am just wondering if the amber will be same as my amber LED lights. I hate to have different hues of ambers. It distracts from the overall appearance of the bike.

The Muth mirrors have red turn indicators. At least mine does. Didn't know they came with amber lights.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I don't think I've moved my mirrors since the first time I adjusted them back in July of '05. I've had the Kury lights installed since about 6 months after I bought the bike and have never had a problem with them. Makes a nice addition to the looks of the bike and I would think to the visibility factor, too. Don't see any reason why they would interfere with adjusting the mirrors if you should ever need to.
:agree::agree::agree:

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The reason for the question is I am using the multivex mirrors that over lay the original mirrors. The multivex overlays are not parallel to the original glass which was not an issue until putting on the Kury mirror lights. The mirrors need to be turned out more because of installation which causes the LED mirrors lights to hit the mirror shell. If I block out the multivex mirrors to be parallel to the original mirrors then the Kury clearance should be fine.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
APHILL .....

To match the turn with other KuRY stuff you need to get orange not amber. All Kury stuff is more of an orange than yellow.. I did the color match up on my turn, ring of fire, stealth lights and owl lights . All my up front lighting is the same color and my rear to include ring of fire are all red. I have been told it looks good without being too much.

And as far as adjustment I haven't had any problems....

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
No problems here...bought as a kit with stealth lights...(above valve covers).

·
Registered
787 Posts
The reason for the question is I am using the multivex mirrors that over lay the original mirrors. The multivex overlays are not parallel to the original glass which was not an issue until putting on the Kury mirror lights. The mirrors need to be turned out more because of installation which causes the LED mirrors lights to hit the mirror shell. If I block out the multivex mirrors to be parallel to the original mirrors then the Kury clearance should be fine.

Jeff
I have the same issue with the Kury mirror lights and Multivex overlays. The Multivex mirrors were installed after the Kury lights. Obviously the Kury lights limit the outward adjustability of the mirror.

Mine are adjusted out as far as the Kury lights will allow and seem to be fine for me. I can't say that this set up will work for everyone since all riders have different needs when it comes to adjusting their mirrors for best visibility.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Wingers with the kuryakyn mirror light (the LED turn signals). Can you adjust your mirrors the way you want them ie. as far out as you would want without interference from the LED mirror lights hitting the housing?
Kuryakyn has a better idea ...

Buy the Muth Mirrors!

;)

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
After seeing the field of vision with the mulitvex, there is no going back. I was always unhappy with the blind spots with the OEM mirrors but with a little tweaking it will be worth it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts