GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those that have these, comments please. Looking at the pictures on Direct Line's site, seems to me the Kury's have a much deeper chrome look to them. They are a little higher in price, but look in the picture to maybe be worth it. Opinions please.

·
Registered
51 Posts
My wife put the Show Chrome with the rubber strips to prevent scuffing the chrome on her bike. We had heard others complain of that being a proublem on other types.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I think the idea of the rubber pads is great, but my concern would be from the reports that I heard that the showchrome/Big Bike don't provide the same coverage that the Kury's do. This is only what I have heard to date, as I have yet to see them installed.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I bought the Big Bike Swing Arm/Pivot cover with the rubber protectors. I bought them because I was seeing scratches on the stock covers. I've had them for about a year now and haven't noticed any scratches in the chrome. I guess the rubber pads are doing their job. Looking at the photos, the boomerang covers look like they cover more area. They seem to cover the frame piece that angles up under the tank cover towards the front of the bike. Maybe someone that has bought them can comment here. $50.00 verses $153.00 makes me go into pause mode here. I think you will still scratch the lower part of the Kury one. Just my 2 cent worth.

Ride safe,

Bob

·
Registered
64 Posts
frame cover

I got the big bike frame cover with the rubber ,put htem on boy they look great on the black wing also the chrome looks as good as kuryakyn.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts