GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone and thank you for checking this post. I have a 2014 Gold wing and would like to install the Kuryakyn brake light controller. Would anyone happen to have the exact location of the harness plug and which wire code is used on this model bike?? Photo's are real helpful too. I tried unplugging a few of the more "handy" plug harnesses with no luck. A little help from my friends would be greatly appreciated.. Ride safe & often. Al

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought the same modulator and used my cousins honda shop manual to narrow down the search for which connector it was...
Sorry, do not have any pics of the install on my 2012 level 2. But I can steer you in the right direction:

1-remove the seat
2-Locate the 14 pin connector buried on the top side of the right hand saddlebag
3-use a test light while cycling the front brake lever to find the right wire (green I believe)
4-remove 7-8"" of the tape that covers the wire harness heading towards the back of the bike
5-cut that wire 4" away from connector
6-install modulator with two sided tape on the contour of the rear fender as it descends towards the saddlebag (so seat does not crush it)
7-enjoy the fact that people are less likely to rear end you!

Johnny

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK - I will give this a try in a few days - I did see that connector and it was really wedged between the frame and saddle bag. I was afraid to try and yank it out but will be careful and see what magic I can accomplish. Thanks everyone for the advice...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Kury Brake Modulator connectione

Hello everyone and thank you for checking this post. I have a 2014 Gold wing and would like to install the Kuryakyn brake light controller. Would anyone happen to have the exact location of the harness plug and which wire code is used on this model bike?? Photo's are real helpful too. I tried unplugging a few of the more "handy" plug harnesses with no luck. A little help from my friends would be greatly appreciated.. Ride safe & often. Al
Make sure the two screw connections on the modulator are good and secure. Brake lights will not function if either input or output connection fail.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts