GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I bought an '06 Gold Wing and it has the Kuryakyn foot pegs. Today while riding the rubber piece circled in the photo came up (but didn't fall off) and was sticking about .75 inches above the peg. It made for awkward shifting until I could pull over and push it back into place.

It looks like the rubber goes around a bolt that runs the length of the peg. Is there a good way to make sure these rubber pads don't come up anymore. It was kind of disconcerting.

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Sounds like a fluke. Had those on my forward pegs for years and they never came up.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Call Kury. They have replacement rubbers for all their pegs. You will need the model number of the pegs. Prices are not bad for the replacements.

·
Registered
85 Posts
IIRC, the bolt holds them in. If the rubber keeps "popping" off, try loosening the bolt about 1/8" turn. If it still keeps popping off, try a little rubber cement.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
The rubber may be torn, pull the bolt out to lift that piece out and check it.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Last week I bought an '06 Gold Wing and it has the Kuryakyn foot pegs. Today while riding the rubber piece circled in the photo came up (but didn't fall off) and was sticking about .75 inches above the peg. It made for awkward shifting until I could pull over and push it back into place.
It looks like the rubber goes around a bolt that runs the length of the peg. Is there a good way to make sure these rubber pads don't come up anymore. It was kind of disconcerting.
Thanks for your help.
I just replaced my rubber because the small one on the end was tore and I kept catching my foot on it. I kept the torn one (see below) and circled where it is torn. The round hole is where the bolt goes through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 7 of 7 Posts