GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, I'm trying it install my Kuryakyn risers and after the install the bars will hit the speedo cover. :hun1: The instructions don't indicate which is left or right. Could someone help, I'm trying to lift the bars up 1" and back 2". Thanks in advance.

H

·
0 Posts
I put my risers in about a month ago. I don't remember now exactly which location I moved them too. I just tried several sitting on the bike until I thought one would be comfortable. I think maybe all the way up and back. Anyway, I notice mine hits on the speedo cover too when I turn lock to lock. It doesn't really hit, I would say it "bumps" when I lock to the right. No problems turning to the left. It doesn't restrict my turn, it only presses the plastic covering the gauges. It doesn't bother me, so I let it be. Crappy instructions for the Kurys, just have to WING it.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I looked at pic #6 and it seems I have them totally upside down from that pic. Are you sure pic #6 is acurate? Also is the pic the left or the right?

Thanks,

·
Registered
402 Posts
If you would mark rear to top of photo ,it may help.The thicker part of wedge goes to rear of bike and that makes the photo one the left side setting on bike..The recessed holes attach to bike.At least that's the way I did it.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone.......I did exactly what leeman 9 suggested and it seems to work. The bars do hit the instrument cluster and I have to tie the right handle bar wires together, but it all went together. Oh yes....... now I have to test ride it.

Thanks again......

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well after a 6 hr test drive all is well. I would highly recommend these risers to anyone that gets stress pain between the shoulder blades. Thanks again for all who helped.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Kury risers

Put a set on my 07 a couple months ago....you can switch the base bracket to one side or the other...One way, the bars are out wider and the other way they are closer in. Then you can change the tilt up or down with the wedge/spacer. I had mine off and on three times before I came upon the position I preferred. I ended up leaving the plastic fork cap cover off....couldn't really figure out what the function of it was.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts