GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had problems and still do, with the chrome lighted saddle bag moulding staying in place where the double faced tape is used to secure the corners where the original honda moulding was attached on my o6 Wing. I know I'm not alone in this problem. There was a post a month or so back about this problem. I was just wondering if anyone has heard of a fix for the problem by Kuryakyn. Obviously the moulding is not formed the same as the original moulding, and is causing undue stress to expect the tape to hold it in place. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
7,212 Posts
How about calling Kuryakyn and tell them about the problem and getting another set under warranty. You are not alone, I was in Chrome World's show room and their demo bike had the same problem with one side of the saddlebag trim. They just put on some new double sided tape using a larger piece of tape and that fixed the problem for them.

I also have the Kuryakyn chrome lense LED saddlebag trim on my bike, but I have had no issues with my set.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Just another point. That end of the light unit where the double sided tape is not just held by the tape, but the end forward of the tape must be pushed slightly forward and over the end of the main plastic side body. It actually not only is held by the tape but its own pressure from being forced a little bit forward and inward so there is back pressure as well. If you just push against the tape, it won't hold. The end has to slide forward and inward too so it goes in beyond the end on the forward most lip.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
In our shop, we have some thin 3M sticky molding tape that will hold it. This stuff is rhino tough and does the job.

Bulldog

1 - 4 of 4 Posts