Does anyone here have one of these?
KURYAKYN Soungate iPod Interface

How well does it work?
Thanks,
Tracy

·
Registered
385 Posts
I have had one for over a year and over ten thousand miles. it works very well within it's limits. I just set my Ipod on shuffle and let it fly. All you will b e able to do from the bike using your CD input is either go to the last song or the next one, but that is good for me.
There is enough length in the connectors that you can put the unit in the well in the truck. I had mine up on the rear fender but under the seat and it got too much dirt and actually bent the connector. Much happier living in the trunk.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I have had mine almost a year now and am very happy with it. It locked up on me one time and the fix was unplug and replug. Been working flawlessly for 4 months now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Soundgate

Contacted the company today about problems with both my wife's unit and mine and was told by customer support that this unit is not be produced any longer and no support is available. Be careful on what you buy!!!

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Contacted the company today about problems with both my wife's unit and mine and was told by customer support that this unit is not be produced any longer and no support is available. Be careful on what you buy!!!

What problems are you having??

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well.. that takes care of that... :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Odd.I just returned mine due to static issue when playing the ipod. Kicker is the new owner of the soundgate brand and yes it's true they quit making/selling them but they sent me a new one in the box.

Kicker was very easy to deal with and none gave me any hassle about getting a replacement.

It only cost me S/H about $13

·
Registered
7,613 Posts

I have the soundgate on my '02 and I have found little problems with it by following the simple regimen outlined below.

From time to time, reset your iPod using instructions for your particular unit at the web site below:
http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1320

After a sync from your computer, always start your iPod playing a song from the playlist you are planning to play before plugging in the docking plug (a bit of alliteration for fun).

Before turning off your key, set the GL audio unit to AUX thus pausing the interface and your iPod before robbing it of power. After start up, just tap the CD button and you're back in business.

It is wise to turn off your wireless on your iPod so as not to deaden the battery if parked for a long time. Both the iPod and your soundgate don't like that. Lewis' unit presents no problem here because it charges even if your bike is off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts