GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks all.. I did a search also. Seems like some old problems (wiring harness). I guess if I wanted them on for show when parked I'd have to do additional wiring. Maybe a separate on/off switch in locked right fairing pocket to constant power. Wish you could remove the ignition key when in accessory position!

·
Registered
787 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
8,833 Posts
I wired all my LED's to a switch that mounts on top of the front brake master cylinder so I could turn them off in the daytime. The stealth lights I wired into the turn signal lights like Kury recommends so they would function as running lights and turn signals for more visibly on the side of the bike while sitting at intersections while waiting to turn and when making lane changes on the highway. Here's a picture of the switch that mount to the front brake master cylinder

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Roadie said:
I wired all my LED's to a switch that mounts on top of the front brake master cylinder so I could turn them off in the daytime. The stealth lights I wired into the turn signal lights like Kury recommends so they would function as running lights and turn signals for more visibly on the side of the bike while sitting at intersections while waiting to turn and when making lane changes on the highway. Here's a picture of the switch that mount to the front brake master cylinder
Roadie,

How/with what did you mount your Garmin? It's a really clean looking placement. How is it to view down there? Thanks! :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Gary in Indiana said:
Roadie said:
Roadie,

How/with what did you mount your Garmin? It's a really clean looking placement. How is it to view down there? Thanks! :)
Be sure to post the answer here as there are a bunch of us looking at it! Nice job!

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
TxGoldWing,

The link you posted is for the Kury Stealth II Lightbars. As I understand it, those are for the '06 Wings only. If you're still riding your '02, these Kury Stealth Lightbars are what you need;

http://www.hondadirectlineusa.com/store ... =715109363

They don't require the separate $10 wiring harness and are also available with the matching mirror lights at a savings here;

These are each completely 'plug and play' with your '02 Wing and, more importantly, completely 'plug and play' with MY '02 Wing, too (they're on my Christmas list). :wink: 8)

Good luck with your upgrade. I hope this helps. :D

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Gary in Indiana said:
TxGoldWing,

The link you posted is for the Kury Stealth II Lightbars. As I understand it, those are for the '06 Wings only. If you're still riding your '02, these Kury Stealth Lightbars are what you need;

They don't require the separate $10 wiring harness and are also available with the matching mirror lights at a savings here;

These are each completely 'plug and play' with your '02 Wing and, more importantly, completely 'plug and play' with MY '02 Wing, too (they're on my Christmas list). :wink: 8)

Good luck with your upgrade. I hope this helps. :D
The Light Bar II also fits (according to the documentation) the 02. No adapter needed.

http://www.kuryakyn.com/products.asp?bn=honda&ci=3642

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
8,833 Posts
Gary in Indiana said:
Roadie said:
Roadie,

The GPS is held with a Garmin motorcycle mount that is attach to a modified "Space Station" that Ed the maker of the Ed Sets headsets sells.
http://www.edsets.com/articles.php?category_id=31
I really like the position of the GPS with this setup because the GPS is centered in the bikes cockpit and looks like it's part of the bike's cockpit while riding. It's closer to the rider than most mounts and is easy to see and operate the buttons and touch screen while riding. There is no road vibration in the GPS and the GPS doesn't block any of the bikes instrumentation, the only thing the GPS blocks from view is the key. The wires for the GPS are easy hidden from sight. If you like the mount you can PM for more details on this mount.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I bought that from Ed too and like the looks alot - problem is it will not work if you have risers as the bar separation is different - also I couldn't use the cup holder I use.

Roadie said:

·
Registered
194 Posts
towmoter said:
I ride a good bit with "Tigger" on the board. He has them on his Orange bike. They show up good and add light to the side profile of the bike. They look good.
I have them and I do a lot of night ridding. They work great for that side visibility.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts