GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to install the lightbar/mirror combo

does anyone know if the lightbar flashes along with the mirror lights

it really does not matter, I was just curious.

One more question? how cold/warm does it need to be to attach the L.E.D. mirror lites (will the adhesive work when cold?? )

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Kuryakyn mirror and side marker LED's

#1 Yes, the side marker lites will flash with the mirror lites.
#2 If I remember correctly, you can easily take the mirrors apart and take the parts in the house to attach the mirror LED's. :)

Len Ellis

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey thanx Len, appreciate it. :bow:

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Jazzy Jeff,

You need to clear your uprades with me first. I don't want you catching up with me...

Hope to see U & TBB soon.

Bulldog & Meesh

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yo, bulldog how you guys doing

me and TBB had an "early" Christmas (just between us) and she gave me the light kit w/ the mirror lites. some Kury foot pegs and a kury break lever, all the pegs match along with the grips :D :D :D

I got her a BROTHERS 2003 computerized sewing machine (she maybe going into the custom patch bizz :D ) some leather pants (oooh la-la)
and a mesh jacket for summer riding, and a couple of months ago I got her a CB250 honda motorcycle to learn how to drive~~~~it cost me $500 and if she crashes a couple of time, who cares :shock:

good thing I don't have a trailer, I'd haul big red down to your nice warm garage and work on it there :D :D :D

Merry x-mas, see ya soon

·
Whiny Member
460 Posts
Jmac,
Don't know if you did your lights yet but we did mine on Christmas day. I noticed the connectors are reversable and if hooked up one way the side lights come on as signal lights only. When hooked up the other way they are always on and flash with the signals.

Larry

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Jazzy Jeff,

Cmon down tomorrow. Rob and I will be out there cussing, looking for "where did I put that ,,,,,, I just had it in my hand". "Hey, do you know what you did with that big bar".

We installed the chrome radiator grills on my bike tonight. Also we replaced those parts that got bent at last years Americade Shhhhhh.

On Robs bike we installed the chrome covers with lights for the passenger boards, Chrome levers, E/C ground block, E/C power block. And we ran out of time. I had to get in the house by 11:45 so I could watch the ball fall (instead of my head).

Tomorrow Rob and I are going to try and finish most of the rest of his installs. The Lift is getting a workout.

Happy New Year to you and Barb. I am sure that you will be here when the snow melts. You are welcome with a cage you know!

Bulldog

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nope, I have not installed them yet. Just have not had time. I'm taking today off, but I have a furnace and a/c to install over the weekend :( :cus: and next week I have to start planning 2 more big jobs coming up.

It's nice to be busy, but it can be a PITA, I sure hope it slows down toward the end of may,

On a lighter note, I think we will go for a short ride this afternoon, hopefully the sun will be out and the temp will get above 35°

Thanx for the 411 guys, have a great new year.

Bulldog, we are going to plan a trip down your way as soon as I know my schedule for the next 2 months

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
BULLDOG, You took the words right out my mouth. "where did I put that #%^$&&. Started to think I was the only with this syndrome!

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
losing stuff is a syndrome? Kool

I thought I was simply goofy.

I find I often don't remember losing the stuff I have misplaced. I don't remember misplacing it either

·
Registered
74 Posts
"#2 If I remember correctly, you can easily take the mirrors apart and take the parts in the house to attach the mirror LED's. "
BUT, you still gotta solder the wires together inside the mirror housing. With the lights attached to the mirror backs already, that leaves very little room to work in the housing.

Just heat up the mirror back and the lights with a hair dryer-they'll stick just fine if you clean off the mirror back with alcohol first.

Don't ask me how I know this.

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanx to all

I got the lights installed over the weekend, they came out perfectly, they actually work as advertised

1 - 12 of 12 Posts