GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any tips on the installation of the Kuryakyn stealth light. mainly concerned about the mounting. What comes off the bike and how does it come off. Instructions make no mention of this. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
stealth lights.....

You remove the little air dam on each side where the stealth lights go, it is a small clear plastic piece which snaps into place.
Since i have XXL hands i did not make the connection inside the mirrors. Instead i removed the side covers and seat, and ran the wiring to the tailight wire and to the turnsignals. My stealth light is a running light, and also blinks with the turn signals. I soldered the connections and used shrink tape wherever possible. Prep the area where the stealth lights go with alcohol to get good adhesion. JD

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
To early, if you are reffering to the LED light over the valve covers, sometimes called OPERA lits too, they use double stick tape. Make sure it is clean and WARM. If bike is not at least room temperture, I would not use any self stick tape until warm enough.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feed back. I think I will take your advice and wait till the weather gets warmer to install the lights. I have had problems in the past trying to place the chrome rear fender trim when it was cold out and the dam thing never adhered properly and I had to get a new one from Kuryakyn. They were nice about it and gave me a new one free of charge. Again thanks to both of you for your responses.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Stealth Lights

If the temp. is to cold you can use a blow dryer to warm the lights and the trim where the lights will be installed. This will also help to evaporate any residual alcohol left on the bike after cleaning. I always use this method with any accessory that uses self-adhesive tape and it had always worked for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts