GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received Kuryakyn's Front Fork Brace for my 06 Airbag Model......it won't fit...the electrical sensor mounting brackets on the rear of each fork are in direct interference from the clamp from going around the fork.....

Called my distributor...he said..."Oh yea we just found that out."

So anyone that has the Airbag..and wants the fork brace..don't order Kuryakyn's unless they come out with a different model specifically designed for the Airbag Model.

I was told Superbrace had one to release in a few weeks...but everyone said the Kuryakyn was the best out there....so....we shall see.....

·
Registered
211 Posts
Thanks for that info... I was just about to order that for my own '06 Air Bag Wing... hope you get a speedy refund.

Pete

·
Vendor
2,356 Posts
When we get one here, I will look at machining the Kury brace to clear the mounting bosses. It can't be that big of a deal. I'll let everyone know when I find out about that.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Brace re-machining for fit

Max,

That would be most helpful, I went out and unpackaged it and did a recheck to see if there was any way I could make it fit...it is a NO-GO and you can clearly see that without even taking off the front fender.....

So, it would be helpful if Kuryaykn would do this and offer a factory model specifically designed for the Air Bag model, because several units are being released daily and lots of operators will want this upgrade in the future...

Can't believe they have not recognized this yet and made an optional brace...

Maybe I will call them and see what they say at their factory...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts