GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am getting a new 1800, have a superbrace on my 1500..don't know if it did much good, never had any problems.

Question is....with all the front end wobbles on the 1800's is this a worthwhile part to buy and install. Would appreciate anyone's personal opinion on does it work, do I need it, does it help in any way, can I tell the difference over stock??

Thanks in advance for your thoughts...

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Save your money! I recently purchased a brand new 06' and it runs GREAT! NO WOBBLES!!

I had one on my 02' and I never could tell the difference. On my 1500 it did help with the rain grooves on the highway while travelling thru Georgia and stopped the flex of the front forks.

But with the 1800, no need to buy it because it makes no difference than making your wallet lighter.

Ride Safe!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I agree. I have a 06 with over 6,000 miles on it and no front end wobble. There are a lot of other accessories I would buy first.

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
7,769 Posts
The newer Kury fork brace seems the way to go if you want a fork brace because unlike the Superbrace which is designed as a one piece unit with no adjustment possible for the slight different in fork widths from bike to bike, the Kury brace will adjust to the width of your forks and not cause fork binding like the Superbrace one piece design can and will.

I tried the Superbrace on my 03 for nearly 30 days and 1000 miles taking it off and putting it back on many times and the steering did feel a bit tighter at low speeds, but the bike also rode noticeably stiffer due to the Superbrace causing fork striction by binding the forks up a bit. Superbrace had a 30 day money back guarantee on the Superbrace and if you didn't like it for any reason, Superbrace would refund your money. I sent the Superbrace back and got a refund.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts