GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a Kuryakyn trailer hitch on my 2007 GW. I’m curious if others were able to tighten the bolt that holds the long bar to the clamp on crash bar without removing the saddlebag. If so, how did you do it?

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Is the model you have the one with the chrome piece that clamp over the top of the crash bars? I think Model# 7647

If it is, Do not tighten any bolts until you have every thing connected loosely from crash bar to the rear. That long bolt you have to maneuver in place and you can hold the bolt head from the outside of the muffler and turn the nut from the the inside coming at it from the wheel. I did not have to move saddle bag just worked them in there and it must be in a certain order before it will be able to fit it in there
It was a long time ago I did mine, but I member I think I had to start over cause of putting one part on first instead of putting the bolt in there first .

Very hard to explain It is one of those things that ya think, oh yea I see it now after I already did it wrong! Hope this helps??? some. Maybe some one else can member better... I bought it used so I have no instructions . Maybe on line instructions, but I'm not good with instructions anyway!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts