GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried the Kuryakyn windshield? I hear it is 3 inches wider each side and 2-1/2" taller than stock. The extra width should reduce the amount of wind hitting the passenger. I already have baker air wings (full set - cowl, leg and mirror wings) but want more wind protection.
Thanks,
Art

·
Registered
402 Posts
wind

I Have the extra tall Tulsa with the new Kuryakynin in the rear.plus all the wings.passenger now happy. see photo

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Check out the Cee Bailey windshields. They are much wider and taller also. I love mine:thumbup:

·
Registered
879 Posts
I helped a buddy put one on 2 weeks ago. 1-1/2 hrs to install, pretty straight forward. I was worried about what I had read about the shield & come to find out its a pretty nice shield. You can still adjust the shield up/down, view was nice & clear & was 3" wider & about 2-1/2" taller. A little on the flimzze side, but still better than OEM. All that said I will be buying one myself soon.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
You have to decide what you want the shield to do for you.Do you want maximum wind protection,view or the ability to raise up and down as necessary.
I have had the the Tulsa Extra Tall and the Tall and enjoyed both alot. Unfortunately,they are prone like most to scratch over time and I was tired of them being right on me,as they "lean" into the Drivers area.
I have installed a F 4 and am very pleased with it's performance.It was more expensive,but I was needing performance.The optice are great in any area,it protects the Rider better than the Tuksa Extra Tall,it raises up and down,but most of all it does not scratch the others and I can,if I want,use Rain X.Do not own stock in the company,just enjoy the performance ...opps almost forgot,it has the same OEM angle on the glass,staying out of your area and not hitting your helmet on it!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've installed the New windshield and the rear spoiler. Although they both look a little different at first you don't even notice it after a few days. You WILL notice an improvement in the wind buffetting, no doubt. My young daughter rides with me and she doesn't get bet up from the buffetting like she did before. The driver is sitting almost in still air, and with the wind shield raised I don't get the buffetting on the top of the helmet. My Wing is an 04, the install was easy enough, although the windshield is slightly different than the stock. Instead of the "elongated" slots in the bottom center of the windshield there are two small mounting holes. With mine the holes were not large enough for the "shoulder" on the bolts that were sent with the wind shield to install it and I had to "dremel" them slightly larger. I did not experience any difficulties installing the rear spoiler as I've heard other had to deal with. I bought mine a few months back when they were having a really good sell at HDL. I paid about $200 for the set so you may want to wait to see if they offer the special again. Hope this helps...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts