GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ordered the adjustable air vent from kurykyn and tried installing it on a gl1800? Diretline indicates that it will fit both gl1500 and gl1800 but kurykyn site says gl1500 and the install instructions indicate just the gl1500. Any help would be apprecitated.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I was thinking about trying this too, but after I saw that Kuryakyn stated it only fit the 1500, though other sites said it fit the 1800 as well, I called Kuryakyn direct. The Kuryakyn rep simply stated "do NOT use it on the 1800". They initially thought it would fit both, but they discovered that it will not properly fit the 1800 shield.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Not sure about the Kury vent but I installed a Show Chrome vent in my '02. I cut the hole with a dremmel tool.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I bought and installed a Kury vent in my stock '03 windshield. It works but it does not fit exactly like it should. There is just enough difference in the curve and thickness of the windshield to keep it from being perfect.

This does not prevent it from working correctly and I doubt that anyone would ever be aware of the slight misfit unless they were very closely examining the installation.

Having said all that, I don't think it was worth the cost and effort. It did little to improve ventilation or decrease wind noise and buffeting.

I bought a CeeBailey's. It works.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts