GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what a Kwik Kamp GVW is, and what the Max load is, I have one and am takling a big trip, and have it packed pretty full.

·
Registered
935 Posts
I haven't ever weighed mine empty, but had it full last year on a 4700 mile trip and it weighed in at 450 Pounds.

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have never weighed mine either, empty or full. But, was told by the dealer when I bought it new it was 350lbs empty.

·
Registered
905 Posts
My registration says it weighs 400lbs...I assume that number came from the cert of origin when the trailer was new...

I can def say it's heavier than most, and loading is key to ensure the tail doesn't wag the dog...

·
Registered
236 Posts
trailer weights

Hi, Have been trailering camper (Kompac Kamp) with bicycle(s) for 28 yrs. behind '84, '02, and 2012 wings. My rule is: "when in doubt, leave it out." It took me a few years to realize the universal tendency for more stuff to find every little space available..even tho have been a lightweight freak on skis camping in the snow, etc. The extra gear is constantly being shuffled around at dinner, bedtime, breakfast and especially when getting the entire rig back on the road each day. Have found lighter cheaper stove, fridge (elec.), porch poles, dishes, coffee/tea maker and even carry 24 spices for regular gourmet meals daily. Make it a point to shower/bathe every day and now rarely use a motel. Even the bicycle camping gear can come by replacing mc stuff..panniers become Wing bag liners. My trailer weighs 260# dry and all the extra gear and bike(s), fridge, etc always come in at under 70-100 lbs. Gas mileage is much improved and spirited riding possible within safe limits. Spare tire too.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Does anyone know what a Kwik Kamp GVW is, and what the Max load is, I have one and am takling a big trip, and have it packed pretty full.
Hi RetMPCorps,
There should be a metal plate on the front of the KK with the GVW and GVRW.
If you have the bra on you will have to take it off to see the plate. I am not
sure how the others weighed their units, but I am pretty sure the KK goes a
little more than 350 GVW. I had one for a couple of years, pulled it to Alaska
without any problems. We were 2up and had an HD Ultra Classic at the time.
We now have a GL1800 CSC trike and a Bunkhouse trailer.

Joe W.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts