GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just ordered a LA Chock to be installed in my enclosed trailer. For those that have these installed in their trailers, how do you tie down the Goldwing?

I am told by the LA Chock folks, you only need to tie two straps to the rear of bike and pull forward to prevent rearward movement. The chock will prevent forward movement and no need for pulling down the forks. Experiences anyone?

Thanks,

JB

G

·
0 Posts
JB--

The bike is very stable with just the two tie-downs.

Allen Smith of Tulsa Enterprises fame has an article in the latest Wing World magazine detailing the proper procedure for securing a Wing, but it isn't LA Chock specific. However he does give important info on WHERE to attach straps (more importantly, where NOT to!).

·
Registered
759 Posts
I am getting an la chock in a few days. I had a nice chat with one of their engineers..and he assured me that no front tie down is needed. Just the chock itself. I have spoken to two owners of a la chock and neither one used a front tie down. a third owner, used front tie downs. all used two rear tie downs.

G

·
0 Posts
(Geez, Mr. Schilling...93 years old and still riding two bikes! Guess I've got a lot of miles left! LOL)

·
Registered
348 Posts
For piece of mind take a nylon ratch binder around the front tire and around the front of the chock plus two tie downs in the rear pulling slightly forward. Best investment ever for holding a bike.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Because I live three miles off of the hard road and the sand road is so rough at times, I have to trailer my bike out of here. I have an enclosed trailer with an LA Chock, I use two forward pulling tie downs on either side of the bike and have trailered it without any problem. The Chock is very stable and holds the front tire firmly, all it needs is for the two straps to hold it in the Chock and to make sure the bike can't slide sideways.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts