GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear La Monster - PLEASE HELP MY HAPLESS S.O.!! :?

Roger/OrangeStreak is still somewhat technologically challenged, and when he was registering for the new board, he accidentally clicked on the line that said he was under 13 years of age. Now he has received a message saying that he has been shut off of the board until he gets his parent or guardian to fax a permission slip! :a13:

Well, as his guardian, I would certainly be willing to fax the permission slip, but there's only one problem: There is no fax number on the message, so we are stymied!

As it is, he can only post if he is logged in as ME, and I don't want to be responsible for what he might say. Don't forget -- this is the same man who TRADED IN HIS GOLDWING for an FJR1300, and I HAD TO GO AND BUY IT BACK FOR HIM!! :eek:w1:

So, if you can help resolve this dilemma, I thank you on behalf of myself and my ward. LOLOL!! :yes:

·
Chard Member
13,055 Posts
I don't know why that is so funny, but I'm sitting here ready to fall out of my chair! ROFL!!!!!

Hope you can get it resolved!

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted:
Let me see ..... Jaimie-Marie .... Jaimie ... now Jami ..... are you selling off letters or what??? :p :p :p

Oh well, it's not we could expect a guy who'd sell a Pearl Orange Goldwing to buy a crotch rocket to understand the age question, huh? :lol:

·
Registered
369 Posts
JAMI, lOCK HIM IN RUBBER ROOM AND MAKE HIM WRITE, "I WILL NOT DO ANYTHING WITHOUT JAMI'S PERMISSION AND SUPERVISION." ABOUT A MILLION TIMES. EITHER THAT OR PUT HIM ON THE WING AND MAKE HIM TAKE YOU FOR A LONG RIDE. :a13: HAPPY TURKEY DAY EVERYONE. :chicken: TOM

·
GL1800Riders Founder
1,813 Posts
What was the user name he signed up as? I will go in and delete it and he can try again but make sure he is under adult supervision :wink:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
God Bless The Child Who Has Her Own (GoldWing) !!

TNace (Tom) - I don't have to make Roger take me for a ride on his GoldWing -- I've got one of my very own!!! :eek:w1:
Actually, I have TWO 1800's if you count the one that Roger traded in for the crotch rocket and I went and bought it back! :s27:

Co-Riding Sucks !!! :lol:

·
Registered
994 Posts
Co-Riding Sucks !!! as per Jami

Jami,

As a co-rider I must disagree with you. After more years than I will admit to and many wonderful miles on a variety of bikes I have slowed down by choice. Judy obtained her permit a few years ago and I started co-riding. Judy loves the sensation of driving and I found out how nice the ladies have had it. I now see more of the country side than ever. I get to scope out all those "treasures" that are hidden behind garages and barns. I get to take naps when I want. I admit we do get a lot of stares and I have even gone so far to carry some yarn and knitting needles. Judy and I really get some laughs now. If they only knew that I don't know a thing about knitting - just managing to tye some knots with the needles but I put on a good show.

My only gripe is that on our 1800 I can't see over her head. On our 1500 I had a clear view right over the top of her helmet. I took over all navigating details and was designated as the official waver. Now I can't see what is coming and miss more than my share of waves not to mention the missed turnoffs. Judy can drive (in fact she is asked to lead most of time) but she can't navigate for s---. Well we are still dressing out the new one so maybe I will find a solution for the seating.

By the way since you have two 1800 I sure hope you get a good rental rate on one of them.

Jim :twisted:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
YOU GO, JIM N JUDY !!!!

That's great that you love to drive your trike, Judy, and that Jim likes to co-ride. Bless your hearts! I'd love to see you out on the road one day, Jim on the back seat with his knitting needles! ROFL! :lol:

For me, riding my own (on a scale of 1 to 10) is a 10 (only because the scale doesn't go any higher), and co-riding is about a 3.5. But like I said, that's just me.

I think one of the factors behind this is that I started out from the beginning riding my own, rather than co-riding and then moving to the front seat later. I was riding motorcycles before I ever met Roger; in fact, that's how we met, through the GWRRA organization.

I just get such a kick out of us having the two matching Pearl Orange 1800's, so when Roger decided to trade his in on the Yamaha FJR1300, it broke my heart. :cry: After a week of misery, I decided to bite the bullet and buy Roger's 1800 back from the dealer. Boy, was Roger surprised! :eek:

Anyway, it has worked out well. When Roger and I ride together, we usually take the two Wings, :eek:w1: :eek:w1: but when Roger goes on trips with his FJR buddies, he of course rides his FJR. He is retired (lucky dog!), and I'm just tired. So of course he gets to take these trips more frequently than I am able to do, although I do ride mine to work every night (60 miles round trip). So, it works out well for both of us.

Enjoy your beautiful Magenta Trike, Jim n Judy, and a Happy Thanksgiving to all! :chicken:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts