GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 goldwing dct that I have now converted with motortrike. It cost around 45 k.problem is I have to use rocks behind the wheels when i park it because the emergency brake will not hold it. Any thoughts. ??

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I would talk to your installer about the brake.

My trike brake - leave it in 1st gear and slip a tie-wrap ring over the front brake grip. Cost $0

·
Registered
712 Posts
Not sure about your Moto Trike, but my Road Smith has a screw adjustment to tighten the parking brake cable, just peel back the cover, an easy adjustment. I got the parking brake as an option and find I don't need it. Park the thing in first gear, it has never moved on me. One word of caution, do over tighten the cable, could put pressure on the brake pads and over heat the rotor and or rotors, that is not good. My parking brake only operates on the right side rear wheel.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Not sure about your Moto Trike, but my Road Smith has a screw adjustment to tighten the parking brake cable, just peel back the cover, an easy adjustment. I got the parking brake as an option and find I don't need it. Park the thing in first gear, it has never moved on me. One word of caution, do over tighten the cable, could put pressure on the brake pads and over heat the rotor and or rotors, that is not good. My parking brake only operates on the right side rear wheel.

He has the DCT so the bikes shifts to neutral when he shuts it off.

·
Registered
930 Posts
I wonder what they did with the parking brake cable?
I would think they would have some way to integrate the trike parking brake with the DCT cable, or at least the lever on the left side of the bike so you have a parking brake.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts