GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dave and I rode over to Lake Butler this morning to check out the restaurant on the lake. We got there a little early, 10:15, and they don't open till 11:00. The owner invited us in anyway and we had the place to ourselves. It's neat, clean, and the staff is very friendly. We both had some kind of giant burger which was really good. The place looks ideal for a large gathering of hungry Goldwingers. The owner said we could use their huge banquet room or the outdoor covered patio. She also said that she could have a special buffet set up for us if we preferred. I'm thinking this will be a good RTE in a few weeks when it gets a little cooler.

http://butlerseafoodhouse.com/

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Tom - If you do this before I get there in November I will request a do-over in mid November. Just sayin' - Oh BTW where are the pictures???

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
I've seen this trick before...
talk about Lake Butler ...then
give us two hours notice for someplace else..

nope, not falling for that one again..

:)

Dennis

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
Sounds good to me, as long as it is on a Saturday.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Been there, done it, and will return. Only problem is that all roads to get there are booooorrrrrrrring.

I've seen this trick before...
talk about Lake Butler ...then
give us two hours notice for someplace else..

nope, not falling for that one again..

:)

Dennis
Copy that Dennis. I'll go with ya bud, there or Reds.

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Been there, done it, and will return. Only problem is that all roads to get there are booooorrrrrrrring.

Copy that Dennis. I'll go with ya bud, there or Reds.

Dave and I took 100 up to CR18, west to Brooker, north on CR235 to CR231 and on up to Lake Butler. Two lane back country roads with some decent curves.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
lake butler

Tom put road runner and I down for 4 in Nov.:lol:

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Tom put road runner and I down for 4 in Nov.:lol:
Thanks Jack - we could probably get PAPAW and Wingjammer in there too! :eat1::coffee1::eat2:

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Looks good.
Menu looks yummy and reasonable.
When in Nov???

:biker:

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks good.
Menu looks yummy and reasonable.
When in Nov???

:biker:
Month and date to be determined, with the priority on making it convenient for the most people. I'm taking my parents there this Sunday to check out the buffet. I'll report back with some pics of the food for Roger.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
I would appreciate that too! :thumbup:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Butler

Work there and ride to work from the east. I uses 121 almost daily and it's not too terribly bad. Posted speed of 60 , but the big trucks add to that and the small trucks take away. all in all not a bad ride to and from work coming fron the north east. Yet a southern start point might be ok as I have been down 121 to Alachua and farther. Not as boring as 100.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts