GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Special Administrator "Internal Affairs" To Facili
6,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any body familiar with this area? I have been informed that I will be there for a week in June. I will be just south of RT 204 on east side of lake. From what I can tell it would be almost three hours to the U.P.?? If the weather is decent I will have the bike with me.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Lake Lealanau

Hey, Tom the lake is Lake Leelanau might mike easy to find on the GPS or Map. I know I know you're from Ohio. Gary

·
6,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, Tom the lake is Lake Leelanau might mike easy to find on the GPS or Map. I know I know you're from Ohio. Gary
LOL I left of the u LOL. Sorry about that. I know exactly where it is. We have a house rented on the lake for a week.

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Lake Leelanau is at the center of some of the best riding in Michigan. M-22 is awesome. Ride the total length of it from Traverse City to Manistee. You won't be sorry. Lot of other roads throughout the Leelanau Peninsula. Lot os wineries to visit. Go over to Suttons Bay on the west side of the Grand Traverse Bay. Traverse City is a major tourist area. You should also visit Harbor Springs with is on M-22. Go on M-109 to the Dune Climb area. And most importantly visit the numerous beaches on Lake Michigan which are some of the finest beaches anywhere.
I have spent very large amount of time in that area. I'll be glad to respond to any questions you might have. Feel free to send me a message for more info.
It is only about 2-3 hours to the Mackinac Bridge and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Great place to ride if you want to get away from it all. US 2 along the norhtern shore of Lake Michigan is a great ride. Go north to Munising and Grand Marais to ride H-58, our answer to the Dragon. Just as much fun but almost no traffic. Plus you can stop at many beaches along Lake Superior.
Welcome to Michigan.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Wine Penninsula

The Peninsula between the two bays is awesome, M-37 north to Old Mission.(lighthouse at the tip)
Chateau Chantal wine shop is on a hill and offers a view of both Bays

·
6,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks gentlemen. :bow:

As I know virtually nothing of the area this all really helps. I really don't know enough about the area to ask questions at this time.

We take an early summer vacation most every year. Wife and I (grandparents) our children and grandchildren. In the past we had spent a lot of time at the Outer Banks (OBX) and the Golf Coast. Last year we spent a week at a lake in TN. Everyone said they liked the lake better than the ocean. So we are going to try a different lake each year, for a different experience. I have been across the MAC a couple times. I am the only one out of the bunch that has been to the U.P.. We are planing to spend at least one day up there.

Thanks again. :bow::bow:

·
Registered
571 Posts
M22 Great ride, I try to ride it at least once a year.
Fish Town...must stop and walk around...great smoked fish.

·
Registered
8,544 Posts
Lake Leelanau is at the center of some of the best riding in Michigan. M-22 is awesome. Ride the total length of it from Traverse City to Manistee. You won't be sorry. Lot of other roads throughout the Leelanau Peninsula. Lot os wineries to visit. Go over to Suttons Bay on the west side of the Grand Traverse Bay. Traverse City is a major tourist area. You should also visit Harbor Springs with is on M-22. Go on M-109 to the Dune Climb area. And most importantly visit the numerous beaches on Lake Michigan which are some of the finest beaches anywhere.
I have spent very large amount of time in that area. I'll be glad to respond to any questions you might have. Feel free to send me a message for more info.
It is only about 2-3 hours to the Mackinac Bridge and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Great place to ride if you want to get away from it all. US 2 along the norhtern shore of Lake Michigan is a great ride. Go north to Munising and Grand Marais to ride H-58, our answer to the Dragon. Just as much fun but almost no traffic. Plus you can stop at many beaches along Lake Superior.
Welcome to Michigan.

CJ won't steer you wrong, boomer.
Looks like your goin' to see "The Best Michigan has to offer"! :grin2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts