GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Living in the western United States one soon develops an appreciate for water and where it comes from. I have houseboated on Lake Powell and had some great times for sure, but the dought years (and heavy water demands in Vegas, Phoenix, etc) resulted in Lake Powell being down about 150 feet in 2004. Fortunately we have had a few good years lately (hope it continues) and especially this past winter in the Rockies. Lake Powell is now down only about 46 feet from full and is still rising.

Great motorcycle riding in Utah and northern Arizona, so this fall will be a great time to visit Glen Canyon Dam and also take UT-95 across the northern reaches of Lake Powell (Hite area). Yeah for water (yes, I know that on the east side of the divide folks have had too much).

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Wingnutzz,
Thanks for the update on Powells level. We've been there when it was down quite a bit but, not as low as it's been in the last few years. It's really great that it's back up again. That is one massive lake. It' still hard to believe that there's idiots out there that are still hell bent to drain it and take it back to "nature". Good luck! Thanks again.,
Scott

·
15 year Member
6,930 Posts
Hey Dave..

Good news for Lake Mead Also..I read it will also benifit from record snowpack to the tune of 8~15 feet!!!

A Win- Win for ALL!!

Matt(BCNV) :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
That's good to hear. I'll be riding UT 95 on my way to RG11. Last time I did that, the water was pretty low. It will probably be a whole new scene this time.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
We were at the dam in Page Az on 6-12. Residents said lake was rising 1' a day!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts