GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone took the ferry on lake Powell in Utah? Is it Goldwing friendly?

·
Registered
75 Posts
It's great! I was there in June I spent the night at bufrog Utah
Marina. Overpriced $160! Anyway the 30 minute ride was great no problems just have correct change $15.00. On the other side desert and free ranging cattle. Everyone that found out I was traveling cross country on a motorcycle encouraged me to ride the mouki dugway! A three mile 10% down hill gravel switch backs. I told everyone that I was riding a Goldwing not a Gs. They said you can do it. Sound familiar? I made up my mind I wasn't going to try I just wanted to ride a ferry it had been more than 35 years! And I was by myself. Guess what I came to a sign that read mauky dugway warning 10% switchbacks and gravel! I shut my bike off said a prayer and went for it! Who said a wing isn't a dirt bike no problem just take it slow its all washboard! I would do it again!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Sorry, don't know anything about your GW and the ferry.

But just have to say, my wife's aunt and uncle were among the "Founding Families" of Page, AZ back in 1958. Why, because of the bridge they were starting to build. He heard they were hiring people and he quit his job, sold almost everything and packed up the wife and kids and moved to Page.

We were there in 1998 for the 40th year celebration of Page, AZ. Uncle has since passed, but aunt and children still live there.

;)

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Sorry, don't know anything about your GW and the ferry.

But just have to say, my wife's aunt and uncle were among the "Founding Families" of Page, AZ back in 1958. Why, because of the bridge they were starting to build. He heard they were hiring people and he quit his job, sold almost everything and packed up the wife and kids and moved to Page.

We were there in 1998 for the 40th year celebration of Page, AZ. Uncle has since passed, but aunt and children still live there.

;)
Is your wife anywhere near as tough as her aunt must be? 40 years in Page, AZ? Holy crapcakes, Batman!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts