GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone tried one of these? I have one on my Warrior and it helps greatly. Of course the Warrior has a poor stock system in the first place. I don't need it with the Tulsa tall, just nosey.

http://www.laminarlip.com/gl.php

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
I had one on my '02 and it worked well.
It was ugly, however, and difficult to clean.

I have a Ceebaily +4" on my '04.
If I could hit the "do-over button", I'd go with a Windbender.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
$

Arn Butt Bill said:
I had one on my '02 and it worked well.
It was ugly, however, and difficult to clean.

I have a Ceebaily +4" on my '04.
If I could hit the "do-over button", I'd go with a Windbender.
What's the damage (to the pocket) on the windbender and c-bailey?

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
The Ceebaily was about $200-ish and Windbender about $250.... ....don't quote me, I haven't looked them up for some time.
There's a whole bunch of better-than-stock wind management solutions out there. Your favorite will be determined by your height, riding style, and taste.

Here's my Laminar Lip on my '02:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Just how well did it work on the Wing, Bill? I had one on a Concours and the improvement was only slight, "softening" the transition between still air and turbulent air.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have one on my 06, at times it feels like it is making a lot of difference, and other times I dont think it helps muchh at all. I like to look over the top of the windsheild, and depending on where I have the lip set at, makes it hard too look over the top. Probably the biggest issue for me is the distortion of view looking thru 2 layers of plastic, sometimes in the twisties it gets kind of unnerving. I'm still thinking about a different windsheild at some point. My uncle was the one that told me about the lip, and he has had several, loved all of them. I think it is completely a individual thing. goodrnch.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lip

Thanks everyone, I think that I will pass on the Lip.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
entrop said:
Just how well did it work on the Wing, Bill? I had one on a Concours and the improvement was only slight, "softening" the transition between still air and turbulent air.
I had a really really big windshield made for me by Rifle on my Concours and the Laminar Lip was the biggest they had; it lived on Connie for two years and made a huge difference on that bike.
When I traded Connie for the 'Wing, I just transitioned the Lip onto it.

I'm 6'5" and put a Diamond seat on the 'Wing shortly after the photo was taken. The Lip worked as well or better than a CeeBaily +4" for reducing the turbulance.
The dual lock material that holds it gets flimsy if you use it too much so you can't just take it off all the time to clean the shield.
I liked it better on Connie; looked more integrated. Nobody ever asked "hey, what's that?" when it was on her. They asked all the time on the 'Wing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts