GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Lip

I have one ordered for my 06 wing. I have an uncle in Cali that swears by these lips. He has ridden many different bikes over the years and has had a lip on most of them. I told him that I needed a taller windsheild, and he suggested that I go to their website and read about them. I have spent a lot of time reading the reviews and everyone that posted something, had nothing but positive words. Seems to be a good alternative to the cost of a taller windsheild, especially if you like to look over the top like I do. Mine should be here this week. I will let you know when I get it installed.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Laminar Lip

I have had a Laminar Lip on my Valkyrie for about 20k miles. I cut down the windshield so that I could look over it and installed the Lip. It works as advertised... raises the air flow about 5 to 6 inches. I'm well satisfied with it.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Have the L-Lip on my ST1100 - took the buffeting right out... Amaizing!!!

·
Registered
130 Posts
It's the same principle that makes the Firecreek Windbender so successful at raising the airflow above the driver's head. I raved about it a few days ago and still love it. IMHO, it looks better than the Laminar Lip, but "beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

It's found here: http://www.firecreekacc.com/

Regardless of how you approach this, anything that makes YOU more comfortable when riding YOUR Goldwing is the right thing to do!

Go for it and RIDE!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies. This is a great place to save money and get prompt replies from experienced riders and product reviewers. A friend is considering one of these and I told him this would be the forum to find out how the product works in the real world. As usual, you folks came through.

Ole Smokey

1 - 8 of 8 Posts