GL1800Riders Forums banner

Should I ditch the obnoxious flames?

• Yes, ditch 'em.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, they're the only flames we've got these days.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The little guy is gonna have to slow down or else we're gonna get into a firefight. :lol: I guess they've run their course and I can move on to something else. :idea: The poll is set to run for 2 more days so vote if you want to but no
Life will somehow go on.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Flame

:D I like the flames gives me something to look at and the flames are kinda a signature to his posts. :D :sw1: :sw1: :sw1: :flg: :yes2:

S

·
0 Posts
I think someone should put marshmallows on theirs and someone else Hershey bars then all we need is Graham Crackers :lol:

10 Posts
Technical details???

"Obnoxious flames"... Would that be "Obnoxious Oxide" that gives you the power to burn out that well?
I don't have a"Top Ten Reasons" but here's my two...
The #2 reason for voting to keep.... The moving flames informs me that my computer hasn't locked up!
And the #1 reason..... IT getting cold here and every little bit of heat helps get me through the Wi..Wi..Win :snow1: .. Winter. Oooh, Thats' hard to say!

·
Registered
994 Posts
I say keep'm but did notice today that I was going through the list fine till I read this post. Now all of a sudden I have to scroll to read the post and replys. Do flames have something to do with this? Can the file be made smaller and will this stop the need to scroll?

Just a thought

G

·
0 Posts
To each his own. But, if it were me, in the spirit of keeping the peace in someone else's house, I might consider taking them down just cause somebody asked. They don't bother me in the least, though.

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jim n Judy said:
I say keep'm but did notice today that I was going through the list fine till I read this post. Now all of a sudden I have to scroll to read the post and replys. Do flames have something to do with this? Can the file be made smaller and will this stop the need to scroll?

Just a thought
No scrolling for me, but I did have that problem on the black cherry post.

·
GL1800Riders Founder
1,813 Posts
ddking said:
The little guy is gonna have to slow down or else we're gonna get into a firefight. :lol: I guess they've run their course and I can move on to something else. :idea: The poll is set to run for 2 more days so vote if you want to but no
Life will somehow go on.
It's not a problem for most people (me included) but the folks that view this board at 800 by 600 do have a problem :( I resized all my headers just for them. I just like to keep the board as user friendly as possible. :?

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's not a problem for most people (me included) but the folks that view this board at 800 by 600 do have a problem I resized all my headers just for them. I just like to keep the board as user friendly as possible.
I was ready to change it anyway. No hard feelings. Just a lot of fun.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
I like flames...

...but then, I would. Actually, this goes along with everything else. If you have anything of these things that are too wide, then they have an impact on board viewing for many. I had some of my pics at 800x... and I went back and resized them all to 400x..., thus making it easier for all.

·
Registered
994 Posts
ddking

Looks like you went from a fire streaming wing to a smoke belchin harley. Hope it was nothing I said because I guess I am going to have to eat crow. I no longer have to scroll when I view your post but do have to scroll when I view my own. I'll have to look at my own signature and possibly my system settings

UPDATE - Just took out my temp/location banner and now I can view my own posts without scrolling so maybe the signature needs a size limit.

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
Jim n Judy said:
ddking

Looks like you went from a fire streaming wing to a smoke belchin harley. Hope it was nothing I said because I guess I am going to have to eat crow. I no longer have to scroll when I view your post but do have to scroll when I view my own. I'll have to look at my own signature and possibly my system settings

UPDATE - Just took out my temp/location banner and now I can view my own posts without scrolling so maybe the signature needs a size limit.
The scrolling problem does not affect a single post in a topic but every post in the whole topic. Even if it is the last post in the topic that has a too large picture it will affect the location of the right edge from top to bottom.

Put the stuff back in your signature... I doubt that had anything to do with it. Anyway, things are going quite well and most of the scrolling problems have been taken care of. I suppose it will still occasionally happen on 800x600 screens when someone forgets (or doesn't realize) and posts a too large picture. Lamont has been taking care of the avatar mistakes and things are looking pretty good. I really like this new board! :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts