GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got home, not quite 500 miles on our yellow '10... A nice mix of secondary roads and highway, all smooth except for some construction on I-80 in Pa. Orange County, NY to Epherata, overnighted at the Smithton B&B, had to go to Sauders for fabric. (My wife sews...) Saw a bunch of backroads this morning and came home. Not quite 40mpg. loaded up, right around 1300lbs. Wing ran like a champ! Smoothest, most comfortable bike we've ever owned. My mother and stepfather joined us on their '99 K1200LT, they got better mileage, but pillion is not as comfortable. Watched them in the rearview, K1200 is a bit wandery at walking speeds, but they did fine. Stepfather is 75, did as well as me driving. Weather was nice, not too hot, a brief shower last night. All in all, a great trip! I'm noticing some uneven wear on my tires at 4100 miles, but plenty of tread left. Probably half of that two-up, a good bit of freeway back and forth to work. Just a bit of "humming" from the tires leaning into turns. Not a concern yet, but how do you folks do for tire life two-up? I'm running 35/41 psi. and 25 on the rear preload. :coffee1: Looking forward to a Vermont or Mass. trip this fall.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts