GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know whatever happened to the manufacturer for this product called the Landing Gear?
Here is a link to the video.

Anyone know where I can purchase one for a 2008 GL1800?

Thanks,
Bill

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Not certain that version is available any longer...

Newer variant from S. Korea:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Has anyone tried this So Korean version?
I'd like to know what people that have purchased it think about it.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
To answer the original question, I found these comments in the YouTube comments for the video posted that are about ten or more years old:

"They are no longer in business. Were wiped out with the hurricane in New Orleans."

...and...

"Wow, seeing this video reminds me of old pre-katrina days and a childhood watching my father's passion. Wing Landing Gear was my dad's business. He's the guy riding the motorcycle in this video. I have read a lot of ignorant comments that are incorrect and some bright ones too. Setting the record : The cost of landing gear was $3000 if I remember correctly. A quality trike setup costs double that."

Now, one might take to doing some additional research in that S. Korea variant of this system. It's a fairly new variant of the 'training wheels' process.

One could also consider casting a wider net for information on this system. After all, not every Goldwing owner is a member of this specific forum...

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any idea how I can "cast a wider net"?
I have also posted on the "Goldwing Owners" forum.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
a) facebook
b) Google
c) goldwing riding group near you (You're on the FL pandhandle - gotta be somebody out there close to you...)
d) There's around six goldwing-specific forums out there; again Google might help you find them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts