GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you use your laptops to run a gps? I want to get a good program for my dell laptop that i can take on my bike or in my car. Its
going to be a temp deal till i can afford a zumo. Can anyone recomend one that works good and doesnt cost an arm or a leg? thanks

·
Registered
159 Posts
Check out Microsoft Streets and Trips with GPS. Works great on my truck at work.

·
Registered
366 Posts
KEVBRU,

I want to get a good program for my dell laptop that i can take on my bike or in my car.
I understand how it can work in a cage -- but on the motor? Where do you plan on mounting a laptop computer on the motor?

Can anyone recomend one that works good and doesnt cost an arm or a leg?
You might consider purchasing the Garmin GPS-18 USB Deluxe package

http://www.gpsnow.com/gm18.htm

which includes the excellent GPS-18USB GPS, nROUTE software for using the GPS with the laptop and a full copy of City Navigator NA 8 (DVD) software. This will allow you get familar with the Garmin mapping software -- you will be comfortable switching to the ZUMO on the motor...!

And you'll still have the GPS-18USB, nROUTE and City Navigator NA 8 for the auto and for creating waypoints and routes on the computer and uploading them to either the ZUMO.

WIN - WIN...!

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I have a Delorme LT-20 that I used when I got stuck. I could take it out and find out where I was and where I needed to go. Had it about a year.

I have a Zumo coming tuesday so I no longer need it. Make me any reasonable offer for it and it's yours.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts