GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of anyone who's already selling large Gold Wing graphics/decals... big enough to put on the back and/or sides of an 7x14 trailer?

I'm guessing I'd want it between 5-feet to 6-feet wide to go on the rear ramp-door of the trailer.

I went to one sign shop in the area, and they told me that can't/won't do a trademarked logo... and even if they did, there would be an added set-up fee added to the price.

Since I'm assuming that most of the others will have the same response... I was wondering if anyone knows someone who already makes them?

This is the kind I want...

And this is what I want to put it on (the rear ramp door)...

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
You might have to get a pin striper artist to paint it on.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Try one of the shops that does vehicle wraps...they should be able to make one for you. Just a thought....do you really want to advertise what is inside your trailer? Seems like an invite to thieves that might want to swipe a $25K motorcycle.

That looks like the trailer place out around Middle Country Road just north of Calverton.....:confused:

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
The wraps would be my first mission....Search your area for graphics r us

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Any sign shop can scale up the goldwing logo to any size that you want and get you vinyl graphics that you apply and peel off the front face and leave the vinyl behind. Not too expensive.

Jeff..

·
Registered
19,989 Posts
ATCguy is right. No legitimate shop will do a trademarked logo. (at least one that wants to stay in business.) Of course, if you have a friend in the business, they will usually do anything.

There is a guy here on the board that has a huge Goldwing Logo just like the one you are looking for inlaid into his garage floor and covered with clear epoxy. I can't remember his name. Maybe someone else can.

Probably the best bet would be to find out from Honda who makes their licensed decals and contact them. HDL sells decals, or at least they used to. Maybe they can give you their source.

·
Registered
350 Posts
A Goldwing in a trailer with a sign for all to see !! OK !

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all of the replies, everyone. Got busy playing with my other toy for a couple of days:

A Goldwing in a trailer with a sign for all to see !! OK !
Anyway... yeah, I know... I know. Living down in MS, you probably don't have need of one in the winter. But up here in the northeast where there's sleet, and snow, and ice, and road salt, and cinders (you get the idea) all over the road for 3 or 4 months of the year... combined with a work schedule that only provides limited windows of opportunity regardless of the weather... I came to the decision that I needed one.

Plus... this way I can take both, the Wing & my off-road toy someplace... set up a base... and enjoy both worlds whenever I like. :)

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
ATC, don't be too sure that all sign shops will give you the same story regarding copyrights. Quite the opposite. Any good shop that is worth its salt will have already long ago purchased the rights to use logos and other artwork as part of their signage creation software. However, the cost could turn out to be prohibitive. That is another matter.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts