GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I need some help finding a pair of touring over pants that will fit me. I would prefer warmth, wind & water resistance, side zippers, and some armor if all this is possible? I wear a size 44" x 38" Wrangler blue jean, but the sizing charts for touring pants are some what deceptive and anything that I order will possible have to be returned due to misfit.

I chose the Kilimanjaro 4.0 touring coat in (4X), but their pants do not get close to my size.

Does anyone know where to begin looking for big / tall touring pants as well as any other suggestions you might have pertaining to fit etc.?

This forum has been a great help in finding information and I just want to say how much I appreciate everyones input.

Thanks,
K. W.

·
Registered
95 Posts
iirc, newenough is out your way. contact them and consider stopping by to try on some of their riding pants. i know the first gear ht's come in tall sizes, but i think even the tall is going to be short for you, but ya never know. contact them:

888-530-7351
www.newenough.com
New Enough
405 Clovis Road #83
Shallowater, TX 79363

they have a "hard to fit page" here:

http://www.newenough.com/product_group_ ... to_fit.htm

wonderful folks to deal with.

if none of this stuff works, you're gonna have to go custom. the folks at aerostich will be able to accomodate you:

www.aerostich.com

good luck!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Try First Gear I'm on the large side myself and they have sizes that fit.....joy

·
Registered
552 Posts
I have owned my Honda Tour Master suit for 6 years and no way would I part with it. Great price, Great Quality and very comfortable and lightweight.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
I'm a 40 x 38 with some brands, 38-42 X 36 in others --- I'm using FirstGear HT Overpants. The size says that it's 36" long but it's generous. They don't feel all that good over blue jeans so I've stopped trying to make that work and either wear them over long johns or my riding drawers. I'm not sure if they go up to your waist size though. It was easier to buy pants when I had a 36 waist...

The Killi jacket in a 2XL-Tall was so tight that I couldn't stick my arm through. They don't use actual tall people to determine the sizing. I've also been a weight-lifting enthusiast for 20 years and my sizes are somewhat odd.

Aerostich will alter the length on their Darien Pants to fit you; they're a bit pricey but will last a very long time. I really like their stuff:
Click Here For Aerostich

·
Registered
977 Posts
WWW.MOTOPORT.COM
will manufacture a suit/pants to custom fit you.
I highly recommend the Ultra II Kevlar MESH (Kevlar/Cordura/Lycra blend material).
The standard suit has extremely high abrasion resistance (with NO polyurethane to melt into your skin) and shoulders, elbows, forearms, CHEST, BACK, hips, thighs, knees, shins removeable armor!
Mine, literally saved my a$$ during a 65 MPH unavoidable deer strike dismount, where I slid, then, violently tumbled, like a 'rag doll', along the highway.
I ride all year, down to 25 F and have never needed the optional insulated pants liner (the jacket liner is lightweight and warm). I wear an LLBean "Trail Model" (approx. $130) breatheable, 2-piece rainsuit, over the Ultra, for heavier rains.

Although, they absolutely have exceptional quality, these Motoport/Cycleport suits ARE expensive. I waited a few years, until I could justify the cost, but I'm certainly glad that I did, BEFORE my crash!!

Like, it's tough to spend $300, on the advice to purchase another new helmet, when one is dropped or had what appears to be only a minor hit. We'll NEVER be certain whether a truly compromised helmet did NOT reduce the severity of scrambled brains, concussion, or worse - just when we needed it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts