GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've purchased an 04 with heated grips on it (don't know exacly what model). Now living in Houston I don't really need heated grips, but I don't mind keeping them turned off.
However, one thing I would like to have is larger grips (in diameter) so that I my hands feel more comfortable for longer periods of time.

1. Is there any kind of *removable* add-on for heated grips to make them larger? Something like a sleeve or something?
2. If not are they easy to remove (temporarily) and replace them with something like Kuryakyn's ISO grips? (the left one seems to have a plug right at the handlebar, but for the throttle one the cable seems to go straight into the hadlebars cover thingie).

Thank you so very much.

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
I purchased 3 sets and found they are very comfortable. They are foam and slip right over the stock grips.

Check back a week or two in the archives and you will find the manufacturer, I forget the name.

Sorry...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, sorry for not doing my research first on the foam sleeve. And thank you very much.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
On another bike I went to a bicycle shop and got a pair of cut-to-fit dense foam handlebar covers; they were each about a foot long at first. I wet them down good with hot water and they slid right on; once I dried them off they never moved or slipped for the 50,000 miles I had them on. They looked good over the stock grips too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts