GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Later this week my wife and I will be driving down from Alberta Canada through Salt Lake City to Las Vegas area. We plan to spend a few days ther then drive through Death Valley and over to the west coast up to Carmel. Looking for things and places to see as well as economical yet pleasant motels and places to eat. We will be driving the Mustang rather than riding the Goldwing as the snow and ice are a bit deep up here. Thanks for all suggestions.
Dave

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
a couple nice drives in the vegas area are

valley of fire, north of vegas,

red rocks, west of vegas

both could be seen in one day

lots of bargains in vegas

the "last 8 years", economy is in full flop

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
We were planning on riding there this week. The wife was checking the rates at some hotels, and found out that they are all jacked up for the weekend Feb.27-28 because it's race weekend. Sams town was $31 on Wed. the 25th and 150 on Fri. and Sat. night. Just thought I would let you know.

·
Registered
9,540 Posts
We were planning on riding there this week. The wife was checking the rates at some hotels, and found out that they are all jacked up for the weekend Feb.27-28 because it's race weekend. Sams town was $31 on Wed. the 25th and 150 on Fri. and Sat. night. Just thought I would let you know.
Yep, quite common - so stay in an outlying area if all your looking for is lodging - like out in Henderson - or even further out, like St George, UT.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
the "last 8 years", economy is in full flop

Didn't flop down here till your'e buddies took control in 2006

Grab a motel in beatty, nevada. Real close to death valley. About a 100 miles out of vegas.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts