GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read that the upcoming BMW i8 will feature Laser headlights to augment the LED head lights. Claims twice the reach of standard LED lights. Anyone else heard of this?
Joe in Modesto

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
  1. I just read that the upcoming BMW i8 will feature Laser headlights to augment the LED head lights. Claims twice the reach of standard LED lights. Anyone else heard of this?
Joe in Modesto
AUDI and Mrcedes also are planning to put them in their high end models. Should trickle down in in a few years. Have not seen a working model, they are supposed to be up to 1000 times brighter.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Lights

That is just what I need, more bright lights in my eyes.

Ed

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
That is just what I need, more bright lights in my eyes.

Ed

That is what I was thinking. I swear half the people out there never turn the high beams off

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The article I read about the BMW said the the Lights will have an automatic system to control the light when oncoming headlights are detected. Then again, maybe they can be set to "Stun".
Joe in Modesto

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
The article I read about the BMW said the the Lights will have an automatic system to control the light when oncoming headlights are detected. Then again, maybe they can be set to "Stun".
Joe in Modesto
The article I saw only used the laser lights on the high beam setting with auto dimming. Low beams will still be LED. The auto dim is on my 2013, ther is no way to disable it. Tested it when I first got my vehicle, had the high beams on and had a family member drive toward me. They never noticed my lights being in high. Guess we should go back to the oil lamps for some.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
correctly aimed and focused there not blinding
Tell me that when the properly aimed lights in the 4wd pickup blind you while you are driving a Miata!

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Tell me that when the properly aimed lights in the 4wd pickup blind you while you are driving a Miata!
There bumpers dont line up in a crash either and there D.O.T. aproved.
With that, I do know what your saying.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I have not noticed that much of a problem with HID's on stock vehicles. I love the ones on my Infiniti M45 and seldom get flashed by oncoming drivers when on low beam. But they're great for moving jackasses out of the left or fast lane on the interstate when encountering someone with an 'I'm driving the speed limit and I'll drive in any lane I want' mentality. Even when signs every two miles clearly state that the left lane is for passing only.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
I like that part where they talk about using the laserlights to find and spot deer.

Great idea. When a deer is detected have a high powered laser vaporize the forest rat.

With that, who needs deer whistles?

·
Registered
460 Posts
Lights

That is great if on a flat and level road. There aren't too many of them here in S. Ohio.

Curves and hills have changed the game plan, or haven't you noticed.

Ed

correctly aimed and focused there not blinding

1 - 14 of 14 Posts