GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lasertec is off the bike at 17333 miles. The G701 is on the bike at 1000 miles.... Great tire so far.... quiet and responsive..... Cheers.....

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
I think you're gonna like that tire, Buddy.

I just put another 1600 slab miles on mine Sat. and Sun. It now has approximately 9k miles on it and it still has more tread in the middle than a new 709. :yes1:

Of course, I haven't ridden it in the mountains. :twisted:

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
That's great Stick!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
973 Posts
Stick,
I took off a Lasertec last summer (my second) and replaced it with a bias ply G701. I run all my front tires at 36PSI and currently have ~10,000 miles on this one, other than the sides wearing a little faster than the center (it is a dual compound tire) I have no real complaints. I can recommend this tire with no hesitation. It is smooth (softer ride than a radial), quiet and so far is wearing very well. It follows grooved pavement a little and and wiggles on metal grating but not that badly. I think the G701 has better braking traction than the Lasertec as well. Will I put another 701 on my bike? I dunno, perhaps. Looks like I have a few miles to think about it before I have to make that decision.
MM

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Slacker. :joke:

Hey, Mike. I've ridden in the mountains, but I know better than to use that one. It'll work, but the sides won't look the same when I get back. I found that out about dual-compound tires the hard way. :oops:

Missed you at Wingstock last month.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Yeah I know ya do Paul.
I have got partially used up BT 45's stacking up around here like cord wood from doing exactly what you are avoiding. I scored a front wheel awhile back and as soon as I get some rotors on it, I think I'll try a 709 just to see what I have been missing. :)

I was nearby during Wingstock on a working vacation at my place in TN. I would have felt out place trying to keep up with you guys in my cage. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts