GL1800Riders Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
19,994 Posts
Like everything else, if you keep predicting the end every year, eventually you are going to be right. I have been reading stories about the end of the Wing for over 20 years.

So is this guy going to be the one that is right? I wouldn't take either side of that bet. All I know is that, just like in this video, every prediction of the imminent demise of the Wing used some very suspect arguable evidence to back up their prediction. And up until now, they have all been wrong.

·
Registered
35 Posts
All I know is that, just like in this video, every prediction of the imminent demise of the Wing used some very suspect arguable evidence to back up their prediction.
With the engineering team at Honda calling this the final edition I personally wouldn’t look at that as very suspect. Also the free software updates for 10 years would be another clue, taking us to 2028 or so. More fodder for debates.
Something new supposedly in 2029 would make sense especially considering the bans in Europe and China set to take place in 2030. At the same time I think Larry is 100% correct, this will be debated right up until something does change...or not.
Meanwhile, I’m enjoying the heck out of my Wing. A break in the weather had me out for several hours yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Cobradriver

·
Registered
367 Posts
Simply no way this will be the last generation Goldwing !
I would own the latest generation by now but I’m very curious to find out how far my 2001 can go without any major problems.
Probably further than you will ride it will not wear out.

·
Administrator
3,791 Posts
Probably further than you will ride it will not wear out.
I think Cycledude is probably closer to anyone else I know to testing the longevity of the Wing. I think he is near 600,000 miles on his. Maybe more by now!

Glen

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Feed, water, shoes, harnesses are still available for horses, and the internal combustion engine replaced them 100 years ago.
Without Googling it, how many know what a hames, single tree, trace or breaching is on working horse gear?! The collar, bit, reins, blinders are easy. I'll not even ask about the forewale and afterwale.

I still have a complete set of horse gear from my grandfather. Pretty sure I could still "gear him up" as my grandfather use to say to me.

Folks from Texas, Montana and Wyoming can't play! Or if you're Amish. LOL

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
There is very little that the aftermarket doesn't provide whether its 10 years old or 100+ years old. Gas powered vehicles are not going away. They might tax the holy hell outta them because they are destroying the entire planet, but they will still be here.

·
Registered
782 Posts
There is very little that the aftermarket doesn't provide whether its 10 years old or 100+ years old. Gas powered vehicles are not going away. They might tax the holy hell outta them because they are destroying the entire planet, but they will still be here.
I hope so.

·
Registered
401 Posts
With the engineering team at Honda calling this the final edition I personally wouldn’t look at that as very suspect. Also the free software updates for 10 years would be another clue, taking us to 2028 or so.

The 10 year clock doesn't start running until they produce the last model year of this version of the Wing...

·
Registered
35 Posts
I hadn’t looked at it that way. That makes sense tho.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts