GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the SO and I got in about 85 miles on the Wing last Saturday, we won't be riding again for while.

No food after midnight and presently am starving my butt off as later on this afternoon I am getting a Total Knee Replacement on my left knee. With the new technology they say it should last 25 years or more. I am looking forward to pain free life and more riding in the spring

Everyone have a Safe and Happy Holidays! :wink:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Good luck on the knee replacement. My wife had her left knee done about 3 months ago, and is doing great. She suffered with it for about 15 years, waiting to hope it would never have to be redone.

Two suggestions. Make sure you go to therapy afterwards, and do the exercises daily at home. Take advantage of, or inquire about, the machine that exercises the knee. Its called a CPM (Continuous Passive Motion) device, and is worth it's weight in gold for rehabilitation.

By spring you'll be riding again.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Hope all goes well for you.

My good freind, Merle had a total knee replacement done this last spring. He pushed his luck and was back on his 1800 in less than five weeks. He is 70 years young. He admitted it was almost too soon, but you got to know Merle. They gave him up for dead five years ago from complications from Asthma. (sp) He is one of those people who does not give up.

Good luck and follow the re-hab real close.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WOW they get you up and moving around quick. Day after surgery I climbed a step and walked about 80 feet with a walker and a Phy Therapist. 2nd day walked a little over a 100ft. 3rd Day (Friday) I walked 125ft and climbed 4 steps and then came home. I am trying to keep up the walking at home but I run out of space to walk. So I end up doing laps in my walker :)

Thanks to all who responded - I look forward to riding again ASAP.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts