GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A week before I was to have surgery, I made a trip with a buddy to Arkansas for a final ride of the season. This is a part of a video he made on our ride over the Talimena Dr. This past Sunday, I pulled the bike into the garage, and put the full cover on. First time since I bought the bike that it's been under a full cover. Probably wondering what's going on.

·
Registered
724 Posts
it must be a really tough surgery if it will end you season of riding? I had Knee replacement and was riding a month and a half later

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Good luck with whatever kind of surgery it is. You could probably find some volunteers to keep your bike warmed up if you try hard enough.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I'm hopeful I won't be kept off the bike that long due to my surgery, but the temp is showing 105 here as I type so I wouldn't be riding anyway except early morning runs. BTW, it was prostrate cancer I had surgery for. Forunately contained in the gland, and I don't anticipate chemo or radiation will be neccessary. ;)

·
15 year Member
6,930 Posts
Good luck, hope you are back on the road soon!!

Take Care!

Matt(BCNV) :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Had the same problem in "98" went the seed/radiation route and so far all is well. As I said before good luck.

·
Registered
467 Posts
had to do the same thing last year. It took awhile but now back in the saddle. I hope things go as well for you. Prayers sent.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Frank, all the best to ya and we wish you a speedy recovery.:thumbup:

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you all for the well wishes. Recovery is ahead of schedule, and I may get to start making short trips in the cage next week. The bike is a ways off yet though.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Best wishes on your up coming surgery!

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Frank I don’t know what procedure you are having but I do know several men here at work that have had the new robotic prostrate surgery and they were back to work in two weeks, with two little one inch scars and they told me they were out of the hospital the next day with no aftereffects at all...

Check your options before you get cut... :thumbup: :thumbup:

About the heat, I feel your pain; I’ve had two heat strokes and can’t do much heat any more...

Good luck and GOD bless...

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Too late Dick. I had the standard procedure on the 13th. When I was checking out the options, I thought that I had to go to Arlington, TX (about 100 miles away) for the robotic, but later learned I could have had it here. I don't think my insurance would have covered it here though as that hospital is "out of network". I also considered the seed implant or external radiation, and decided against both of those.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Here's wishing you a speedy recovery...I had the seed implants about 18 months ago...so far all seems to be going good...wasn't too long before I was riding again...:thumbup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts