GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went up into the NE corner of Jersey/PA area today for a little leaf peeping
along the Delaware river. A lot of colors still out, but with the incoming rain, they should all be gone by this weekend. While riding one of those little backroads that exist in Jersey and that area, can around a bend and into a 1/2 mile tunnel of gold. The road was narrow and winding with tree growth right to the edges and completly over the road. The amazing thing was the color. Nothing but a bright gold. The sun was getting low in the sky and lite the trees up. It was like driving in a tunnel of gold. It was most impressive. If this is to be my last ride for the winter or for my life, it was well worth it. No painter or artist could have even come close to those colors and hues. Makes you realize that Mother Nature is the greatest artist of all time..... :) :) :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Appears there a lot of Maple trees in that area. I hope you get to see the spring blossoms. As a matter fact I hope we all get to see them.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Topster, I just arrived in Tampa,Fl. yesterday from Upstate NY. The colors were great. Last week would have been better but the yellows and reds were beautiful. It was only 90 degrees when I got here. Cold front coming in. Down to 84 today.

Glenn

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Buster Crabbe said:
Topster, I just arrived in Tampa,Fl. yesterday from Upstate NY. The colors were great. Last week would have been better but the yellows and reds were beautiful. It was only 90 degrees when I got here. Cold front coming in. Down to 84 today.

Glenn
Way to go Buster, You run out on your buddies in NY. and the complaing about a cold front in Florida.... :twisted: :twisted: Now that is about as low as you can get.. :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

Glad you had a safe and fun trip to Florida....

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
iwing said:
Topster, did you forget your camera? Sounds real nice. I lead a fall color ride this past Sunday (which was a little late) in the Hocking Hills area of Ohio. It was still beautiful.
It was one of those moments that just stun you. No way could I stop and take a picture. That section of the ride was almost like being back on shrooms in the early 60s.

·
Hungry Member
5,045 Posts
Early 60's?!? You were on the cutting edge of the counter culture movement of recreational drug use.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Topster
Where in Pa were you riding? I was up along the Delaware also yesterday , seems like most of the leaves were gone from there.
I started up around Narrowsburg, rode 97 down through Hawks Nest, and picked up route 6 in Milford and headed west, back home .
Joe.

·
Registered
133 Posts
If this is to be my last ride for the winter or for my life, it was well worth it. No painter or artist could have even come close to those colors and hues. Makes you realize that Mother Nature is the greatest artist of all time.....
I don't know how old you are, but I'm betting over 55. Isn't amazing how your perspective changes as life marches on? Mine sure has!.. Colorado, North of Durango is beautiful as well.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Joe Chindemi said:
Topster
Were in Pa were you riding? I was up along the Delaware also yesterday , seems like most of the leaves were gone from there.
I started up around Narrowsburg, rode 97 down through Hawks Nest, and picked up route 6 in Milford and headed west, back home .
Joe.
I was on the Jersey side. The place with the gold tunnel was lambertville- hopewell road area. the area is South of Gap park. There are a lot of little roads that lead from Western Jersey into the central area. Most people who don't know anything about Jersey only think of the pike or parkway. Thats good cause it keeps them off the small back roads...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts