GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
7,446 Posts
All I can say is that this belly pan, really works, and I'm very glad that I have one, under my bike's engine.....Yes I do have a few dings on it, BUT that's better than my engine having those dings
Oh yea, it now takes me six more minutes to change my oil and filter every 3,000 (s)miles,

Ronnie
11/4/21

·
Registered
103 Posts
All I can say is that this belly pan, really works, and I'm very glad that I have one, under my bike's engine.....Yes I do have a few dings on it, BUT that's better than my engine having those dings
Oh yea, it now takes me six more minutes to change my oil and filter every 3,000 (s)miles,

Ronnie
11/4/21
You have the new belly pan from Max already ? Must be a preproduction version, then. It's not out yet as a product.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I found this today in my mailbox;
I don't know Max. Never met him, etc. Have only watched some videos. After watching THIS video, I don't like Max. I LOVE him. It's possible I'm IN LOVE with him.

Easily, the best video I've seen from him. LOVE his candor and directness !! If that "hurts your feeelings, don't buy one. There were some really stupid questions in there. His whole point about a part to add to your $28,000.00 motorcycle is spot on. If it's not for you, as other things in life, move on. NO WHINING.

Now I'm more interested in seeing the finished product than before.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts

Ronnie
11/4/21

Of course.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
That was funny as hell, I love a guy who doesn't tap dance around.
DING DING DING DING DING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If that video "hurt your 'feelings,' " go away. Move on. Of course.

Have to say, I've been called "rude" on this site more than once. Like I care..................

I call it being direct. And where I come from, we call those people babies. Of course.

·
Registered
2020 DCT Tour, red/black
149 Posts

Ronnie
11/4/21
Lier.....lier......lier....D*** on fire !!!!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2018 DCT Tour
442 Posts
Just saw this…. FYI

Was just looking at this, Bulitt: thanks for posting. But I'm wondering, how's the thing supposed to have any strength when it's punched full of cutouts and long slots? No reflection on you sir, but isn't it supposed to protect a vital area with 1000 pounds of bike and rider crashing down on it?

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Was just looking at this, Bulitt: thanks for posting. But I'm wondering, how's the thing supposed to have any strength when it's punched full of cutouts and long slots? No reflection on you sir, but isn't it supposed to protect a vital area with 1000 pounds of bike and rider crashing down on it?
Dunno…..I’m not a belly pan guy. I’ll take my chances and in the unlikely event I ever have a problem….that’s why I have insurance.

I just saw it and thought I would pass it on….

·
Registered
2020 DCT Tour, red/black
149 Posts
I saw the same, last night. It seems to me that someone was in a rush to get this out. The install method is a bit flimsy. Not solid in my eyes, second and very important......why not covering the filters ???? Hellooooo ????. So, it takes you 5 more mins to remove the pan and do an oil change. I will pay more for a well though of kit !!!!! Happy belly full ride.......!!!!!!

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
8,823 Posts
This Wingstuff belly pan exists to fill a need...plenty of owners don't want to have to remove the belly pan to do a oil change and maybe feel like they dont even need a belly pan in the first place. This Wingstuff BP has more of a chance of being bought by those type of owners than the one that Max will offer

1 - 20 of 92 Posts