GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if anybody on the board has their wheels back from getting chromed by Classic Components in California recently. I am looking to send them a set within a week and I knew there were some issues concerning the valve stem tabs and chrome getting into undesirable places.

·
Registered
759 Posts
what is a valve stem tab???? Chrome getting into undesireable places???...like the bearing seats? bearings install just fine with a little extra push...dont worry about it. Had a friend get his wheels chromed from the source you are thinking about and all was fine. I have been to that factory and viewed the finished product....very fine work...great chrome. Work was done on a 1800.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I had mine done last year and they did an excellent job. I would highly recommend them. No problems at all.

Eddie

·
Registered
60 Posts
How lonjg and how much$$

I want chrome too but the ones I was going to order they quit doing it. How much does it cost and where was it that you got it done? Got a phone number on them?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Smithwarenetworks

I bought a tire from these guys off of ebay. A friend lives close by them so he went to pick it up and was coming my way. He told me that the chrome wheels that they send out are the most georgeous that he has ever seen. He has a set from the California place and said the ones from Smithwarenetworks are better than his. This man is a custom engraver and deals with plating all the time. If he was impressed, I would bet the farm on their product.
Better yet, I believe their price is 800.00 exhange for both front and back wheels. They are in the Dallas Tx. area.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Classic Components

I had mine done by Classic Components for $500. for the pair, with shipping and handling and swear by them. Another bud, locally, had his done and he has the identical quality to mine.

I've heard of some problems with them going the GL1800 wheels, but from what I've learned, they just started doing them and learned quickly by their first few mistakes.

I cannot say that I've ever seen better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts