GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

thought I would share my latest mod performed to my bike. I have developed a saddlebag lighting solution so I'm able to see what's inside at dusk. There is a reed switch and magnet to turn off the LEDs when the lid is closed. Overall I'm really happy with the result.

next step is to do the same in the rear saddlebag. I have more ideas for that one

Attachments

·
Registered
7,380 Posts
For the trunk, try this. I also did the led trick for the saddle bags and trailer, hopefully this will give you some ideas. 1st pic is the trunk lighting, 2nd is the pin switch I use for the trunk lighting (found out later there's a spot for a switch on the left hinge area), 3rd is the trailer with the lights on, 4th is the limit switch I use on the trailer, and 5th is the magnetic reed switch I use on the saddle bags.

PB273584.jpg PB273583.jpg PB173565.jpg PB273578.jpg PB273580.jpg

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Lights

I put a mercury switch in the trunk lid. When you life the lid the switch makes contact and the lights in the trunk and the saddlebags come on. It works for me. Be safe and enjoy the ride. Larry

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mercury switch or......

Some good ideas there, I already have the vanity mirror installed which has it's out switch, I might try to take a feed from that. It is designed to only apply power when lid is open, perfect....

I put a mercury switch in the trunk lid. When you life the lid the switch makes contact and the lights in the trunk and the saddlebags come on. It works for me. Be safe and enjoy the ride. Larry

1 - 4 of 4 Posts